4.6.1 GEMSQRAW: Installing the software on a PC
To install the GEMSQRAW OpenGenie software on a PC running a windows operating system,
do the following...
- Install OpenGenie on your PC.
- Download gemsqraw.zip
- Unzip this zip file - it is recommended that you use the folder names in
the zip file (these directories contain GEM data, procedures, sections of
the GEManual, modules, tables, and smoothed vanadium data).
- Add environment variables to c:\autoexec.bat
as detailed here. A re-boot will have to be done at some point after this.
- Modify the file c:\Program Files\CCLRC ISIS Facility\Open GENIE\src\gcl\default_genieinit.gcl
to contain the following line:
( If this file does not already exist, then you should create
If this line is the last line in the file then you must add a carriage
return at its end.
- Change the extensions of the files in
c:\gemsqraw\progs from .ex_e
- The following .RAW data files are included in the zip file to allow for
immediate testing of the software:
216-CCl4, 220-vanadium, 222-YAG. (To test the software type GSQ 216 220
or GSQ 222 220
- Copy the binary .RAW files into the chosen data directory
Last updated on
14 May 2009 by Alex Hannon (email@example.com)